Working with a fantastic bunch of people, they're currently seeking the expertise of a fully qualified Accountant. The role will encompass the following:-
- You should be a 'grafter' and have the skills to work well in a team to meet deadlines
- The team are constantly on the look out for new commercial opportunities and new clients, therefore a Pro-active and forward thinking person with a go getter mentality would fit perfectly here
- As a responsible and hard working individual, you would be expected to work independently and manage own workload and keeping the Management team updated on any issues and progress on client accounts.
- As with most roles these days, it's essential that the post holder have a deep understanding of Microsoft applications. (Word, Excel & Powerpoint)As well as MS Office applications, you should confidently be able to switch between different computer operating systems (Mac & PC)
- Ideally you would be fully conversant in accounting software such as VT, Xero, SAGE, TaxCalc however, training can be provided if required.
- Part of your daily routine would include the preparation and review of client VAT returns, working papers and Annual Accounts, the processing of SATR's and Corporation Tax Returns as well as dealing with HMRC on specific client matters.
This is a client facing position, therefore a smart and professional appearance is expected at all times.
Above all else, they are an amazingly friendly bunch of people who all have a great sense of humour, therefore they seek someone with the ability to communicate in a friendly but professional manner with their clients and colleagues is paramount!
Salary is £40K to £50K